The College Library contains over 4000 volumes. There are separate sections dedicated for the core and allied Subjects taught in the College. The Library collection comprises of Reference Books, Question Banks, Text Books pertaining to the Courses taught in the College, Magazines, Journals, News Papers in the Khasi and English Languages, etc.
LIBRARY RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Students are not given access to the College Library unless they posses valid Identity Cards.
1. A Student is permitted to have the circulation (loan) period of a Book only within 7 days and the same ought to be returned or renewed after the said time, otherwise a fine of Rs. 5.00/- per day will be levied.
2. Students who borrow books and other materials from the College Reference and Lending Library, should return them directly to the library and not pass them on to another Student.
3. Reference Books are not allowed to be taken outside the College Library.
4. The Library staff will assist students who need to make copies of pages from Reference Books.
5. To promote the return of Library materials and for optimal sharing of the Library Collection, Saint Francis D’Assisi College Library levies fines for overdue/ lost and/or mutilated library materials.
6. For loss and mutilated Books, users may be allowed to replace with an acceptable copy and pay the overdue Fine.
7. The Staff members (Teaching and Non-Teaching) are permitted to borrow a maximum of eight books during an academic year.
8. The Staff members who wish to continue retaining the books, need to renew the same after every academic session.
9. For statistical purpose, an Attendance Register is maintained by the Library for both Students and Staff. All are required to enter their details on each visit to the library.
10. Mobile Phones are strictly prohibited in the Library as in the College Campus. In cases of real necessity, they ought to be kept in Silent or Flight Mode.
11. Personal belongings are to be kept in the Shelf kept for this purpose at the Entrance to the Library.
12. On all working days, the College Library will remain open from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the facilities.